The famous auction of RM Sotheby’s in mid-August took place at the Portola Hotel & Spa in the center of Monterey. The hotel has been completely restored and partly transformed. The lobby can no longer receive the most iconic models of the sale. A pity: it was an excellent scene for photography. We had to make do with a very dark tent devoid of any architectural cachet.
Sales results were highly anticipated due to competition from other specialty retailers in the world of old and collector cars. A final result of $ 133,000,000 with 32 lots exceeding $ 1 million, is what I call a very impressive result, confirming the position of RM Sotheby’s as market leader.
More information about the results can be found at http://www.rmsothebys.com/media/release.cfm?id=1322
1) Aston Martin DBR1 (CHASSIS NO. DBR1/1) Record for an English car 22.550.000$
2) Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta (CHASSIS NO. 2985 GT) 8.305.000$
3) Aston Martin DB4GT Prototype (CHASSIS NO. DP199/1) 6.765.000$
4) Ferrari 121 LM Spider (CHASSIS NO. 0546 LM) World record for the model 121 LM 5.720.000$
5) Ferrari 410 Superamerica Series III Coupe (CHASSIS NO. 1305 SA) record for this model on sale 5.335.000$
6) Ferrari 166 MM/212 Export "Uovo" (CHASSIS NO. 024 MB) 4.510.000$
7) Ferrari 500/735 Mondial Spider (CHASSIS NO. 0448 MD) record for this model on sale 3.850.000$
8) Porsche 908/03 (CHASSIS NO. 908/03-003) 3.575.000$
9) Ferrari 275 GTB/6C Alloy (CHASSIS NO. 07933) 3.575.000$
10) Ferrari LaFerrari (CHASSIS NO. ZFF76ZFA9F0211998) 3.410.000$
© Bruno Dugauquier